27 Nov 2008

Kokoro 2

Here is the last image in the tryptych.  This one is number two.  First, I started with a grey square double printed.


I then added a second layer, which had two colours.  A strip at the top, two blocks of grey and a bokashi-like element halfway down.


I then added a third layer, which had three colours.  Firstly, the gold kanji running down the centre. I also embossed this layer.  A blue layer which went over the grey layer, two silver squares which are also embossed and finally a gold line at the top within the blue block of colour.

All very mysterious, until it is folded into a kimono. Then the colours make sense.  This was a bit tough to work out technically, but it seems to capture the austerity I was after with this final image.  The kanji reads 'mime yori kokoro', or in English, the spirit [or heart] is more important than appearance.



1 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

I like it ! Hope you show then all together.