26 Nov 2008

Sunset

I have recently been taking pictures of the sunsets here in the mountains for documentary purposes as living in London doesn't provide anywhere near this kind of colour array. The sun is at its most spectacular at 4.30pm, when it starts to sink down over the horizon.  The days here pass so quickly that it is important for me to not only notice my progress in printmaking, but also the surrounding environs.  Winter has arrived, the nights are drawing in and over on the far mountain a shower of red is emerging as the maple trees start their descent into sleep. Over the last three days I have taken 150 pictures of the sunset.  Here are a few of these beautiful, temporal moments that I hope will stay with me for a long time. These are all taken from my view out of the studio window.








2 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Gorgeous, good to have those scenes recorded for future. The sky has many moods.

David J Wingfield said...

Amazing photos on this site mate